It's easy to bash Bush because his special interest groups were big Corporations. Obama's are harder because they are the labor unions, teachers union, and activists like NARL, Emily's list, Code Pink, Daily Kos. How can you transpose all the ill of the world on teachers but it's so easy to put that blame on a CEO. Obama is simply too indebted to special interest groups to make a tough decision. He is looking ahead to 2012 not doing what needs to be done now. Look at the Stimulus Bill. Making Work Pay is a joke, they tried that last year. It didn't work then, so what makes them think it will work now. For Heaven's sake Obama claimed that he wrote that failed experiment, yet no one is calling him on it.
"In January, I outlined a plan to help revive our faltering economy, which formed the basis for a bipartisan stimulus package that passed the Congress."
--Barack Obama, Golden, Co., Sept. 16, 2008.
If his plan was the basis for the stimulus checks, then we already know his ideas amount to complete and utter BULLSHIT! All those new roads and new paint jobs will contribute jack shit when inflation kicks in and small business and companies have to lay even more people off because inventory prices skyrocket.
Democrats think that if they keep on harping on something long enough, all evidence that disproves their claims will magically go away. Look at Al Gore for Christ's sake. He is giving testimony today on global warming, when half the damn country is in the middle of an ice storm. It makes you want to bang your head against the wall. Yet Obama and Gore will keep doing what a lot of people know won't work because they are too indebted to a special interest to stop.
I'm putting this up here because it shows the insanity of the Obama Administration:
Restore Fiscal Discipline to Washington
- Reinstate PAYGO Rules: President Obama and Vice President Biden believe that a critical step in restoring fiscal discipline is enforcing pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) budgeting rules which require new spending commitments or tax changes to be paid for by cuts to other programs or new revenue.
- Reverse Tax Cuts for the Wealthy: Obama and Biden will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but they will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers.
- Cut Pork Barrel Spending: As a Senator, President Obama introduced and passed bipartisan legislation that would require more disclosure and transparency for special-interest earmarks. Obama and Biden believe that spending that cannot withstand public scrutiny cannot be justified. Obama and Biden will slash earmarks to no greater than 1994 levels and ensure all spending decisions are open to the public.
- Make Government Spending More Accountable and Efficient: Obama and Biden will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid. Obama and Biden will also increase the efficiency of government programs through better use of technology, stronger management that demands accountability and by leveraging the government's high-volume purchasing power to get lower prices.
- End Wasteful Government Spending: Obama and Biden will stop funding wasteful, obsolete federal government programs that make no financial sense. Obama and Biden have called for an end to subsidies for oil and gas companies that are enjoying record profits, as well as the elimination of subsidies to the private student loan industry which has repeatedly used unethical business practices. Obama and Biden will also tackle wasteful spending in the Medicare program.