Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 1

Less than half the money dedicated to highways, school construction and other infrastructure projects in a massive economic stimulus package unveiled by House Democrats is likely to be spent within the next two years, according to congressional budget analysts, meaning most of the spending would come too late to lift the nation out of recession.
That is from a new CBO report on the Stimulus (Pork) Omnibus bill. The CBO reports that less than half the $355 billion for infrastructure spending will be dispersed before 2010, when the CBO predicts the economy will turn.
For example, of $30 billion in highway spending, less than $4 billion would occur over the next two years. Of $18.5 billion proposed for renewable energy, less than $3 billion would be spent by 2011. And of $14 billion for school construction, less than $7 billion would be spent in the first two years.
Just in time to help raise inflation and keep this "national emergency" according to Alxerod going for another 4 years. Of course going into the 2010 elections, I'm sure we will hear about how much more time the Dems need to fix what they helped break. Going into the 2012 elections, inflation will start raising, the FED will have to raise interest rates to combat inflation, causing job loss. Perfect for Obama to role out a new Stimulus (pork) omnibus bill to save another economic "national emergency."

This is Day One of the Obama Administration. 6 months ago I was hoping this day would never come, or at least wait another 4 to 8 years. I will try to make the best of it. Dissent is still patriotic. No matter what the liberal hypocrites say now.

Princess Caroline withdraws her name for Hillary's Senate Seat.
So there is a god. The last thing we need is more Camelot. I'm Cameloted to death. Every time we hear about JKF, all we hear a tale of roses and sunshine. Bullshit. JFK was dirty, the whole family is dirty. Correct me if I'm wrong but seems like Caroline is the only Kennedy that hasn't had a sex scandal. Joseph Kennedy used to praise Hilter, got his money from running booze during Prohibition and has the distinction of being the First inside trader, pulling out huge sums right before the 1929 collapse.

JFK and Bobby got more poon than Bill Clinton. JFK lead the US into Vietnam by increasing the number of U.S. military in Vietnam from 800 to 16,300. He tried and failed to invade Cuba. JFK was elected on false pretenses and voter fraud. I'll stop there. I could go on for a while. Needless to say, I don't hold the Kennedy clan in high regard. I'm very happy Caroline isn't gong to be a Senator anytime soon.

The Speech
There are lots of different reaction to Obama's inaugural address. It all depends on your ideological bent; if you voted for him then you probably had goosebumps going up your leg. If your like me and didn't vote for the guy, your reaction could be like mine, What did he say? Maybe I'll do an exhaustive in depth personal analysis on his inaugural address. Or I could just say I am in about 90% agreement with Ed Morrissey. At least the inauguration pissed off some Obamabots. Not to mention dropping the Dow 5.3%, way to go Mr. President!

Staying Classy

Democrats and MSNBC shows everyone how to win with class.

Caroline Update: She is back in!

Obama start reversing Bush policies. Gitmo is to be closed. I just wonder how long it will take? What is he going to do with all the prisoners?

Caroline Update: She is out again. For real this time.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now. I can't say I wish Obama the best. I am still very suspicious about his motives and what he is going to do. Time will only tell. I "hope" that he does listen to both sides of an issue and chooses the most pragmatic course of action. If he does that he will piss a lot of the Left off, which is sort of bonus for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment