$825 billion stiumuls bill designed to create 4 millions jobs, thats $206, 250 in taxpayer dollars per job. How do I get one of those jobs?
The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009
So lets see what they want to stimulate our "dire" "horrific" "Catastrophic" blah blah blah.... Economy with
- Creation of a board to track and elimitate wasteful spending....sounds good right... Cost $14,000,000
- Fund the Community Development Block Grant. Cost 1,000,000,000
The program lacks a clear purpose. The program lacks short-term and long-term
outcome measures. Funds are not targeted to places with the greatest needs.
- Capital and Debt Service Grants to the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Money goes to Amtrack).... Cost $800,000,000
Amtrak's purpose is ambiguous, and the program has been ineffectively managed
due to this lack of clarity. Amtrak performs poorly both financially and
- $50,000,000 for YouthBuild activities. Let's see what expectmore.gov says about Youthbuild.
- Smithsonian Institute for "Facilities Capital’’.... Cost $150,000,000
- $245,000,000 for FARM SERVICE AGENCY SALARIES AND EXPENSES. Where do I get one of those jobs?
- $22,129,000,000 for the "rural housing insurance fund." How is that creating a job?
- $2,825,000,000 to bring Broadband internet access to rural areas. That's a whole lot of bang for your buck. I expect at least 200,000 jobs to be created just form this alone...jobs that will last all of 6 months.
- $150,000,000 for food stamps for Puerto Rico (Pop. 3,994,259 ) and American Samoa (Pop. 68,200). Now I find it very hard to believe that everyone in those places needs foodstamps.
- $350,000,000 for ‘‘Salaries and Expenses’’ to "to identify and track the availability and adoption of broadband services within each State, and to develop and maintain a nationwide broadband inventory map" Again how do I get one of those jobs? I'm sure the Directors starting salary will be at least $150,000 alone.
- $2,825,000,000 more for Broadband Grant money. I wonder which House Democrat has a buddy that will make lots of money that he will donate to his friends PAC or campaign fund?
- $100,000,000 to the NIST. I'm sure they are jealous, the Smithsonian got 150 million for paint.
There is plenty more where that came from...$850 Billion in 334 pages. Go read it for yourself.