Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Democrat with a backbone?

At least there are some Democrats with a backbone. Who's all for moving to Oregon? I love it there. Portland is a great city.


"Every penny of the $825 billion is borrowed against the future of our kids and grandkids, and so the question is: What benefit are we providing them? What are we doing for the country? It's the difference between real investment that will serve the nation for 30, 50 years and tax cuts, and that's a very poor tradeoff," said Rep. Peter A. DeFazio (D-Ore.). "I go to my district and people say, 'Yeah, I can use 10 extra bucks a week, but I would rather see more substantial investment.' We've gone through a couple bubbles that were borrowing and consumer-driven. We want a recovery that's solid and based in investment and productivity, and that points us at building things that will serve us decades to come."

1 comment:

  1. ZH:
    I am a friend of yours from Liberal Rapture and I have a proposition for you.

    Can you contact me at BlueDawgDemocrat@Cox.Net

    Topher: in LA not L.A.

    ReplyDelete